Brighter Light, Lesser Bill

on Sunday, May 8, 2011


Energy Audit
Rising electricity bill? The worst scenario that happened is when I forgot to settle the bill despite the information that a disconnection will be made so our home was put on a "lights off" mode. To save my kids from nightmares, I immediately grabbed my purse, left the voluminous papers on top of my table, hurriedly went and joined the long queue and paid the bill.  Plus, of course, the reconnection fee.

Then came one day when I overheard, as my kids were watching the television set, that a new discovery is made to help save on electricity bills.  I sat down and watch as the young engineer demonstrates how to assemble the gadget that will be a welcome addition to the already long lists of saving tips.

He showed an empty plastic bottle of soda, a piece of corrugated sheet and a can of epoxy.  He placed a hole the size of the plastic bottle on the center of the galvanized sheet, filled the empty bottle with tap water, attached the bottle to the sheet and placed the gadget on the roof. I was very amazed as the room was lighted as if a 100-wattage bulb is on.






Work Space to Rent
I immediately call my nephew who just came to visit us on the weekend, instructed him to get an empty soda bottle from the garbage bag and he did as exactly as the engineer came up with the device.

By the way, I recorded the engineer's, whose name I can't even remember, detailed instructions as he prepares the very useful device.  I played the tape recorded program for my nephew that he was able to exactly do what needed to be done to come up with the gadget. I don't rely on myself since that stubborn thing fondly called "senior moment" strikes on me once in a while – always! (I should not have paid the reconnection fee in the first place.)

You may ask me how much I saved on my monthly electricity bills after I heard of the new invention that I immediately ask my nephew to prepare? 
Let me just inform you. Ours is on the third floor of a five-storey apartment building.  Anybody interested?

0 comments:

Post a Comment